Playful, practical and sustainable
Rotary has developed a program for gesundekids, that has been successful in more than 100 schools and kindergartens throughout Germany for more than 10 years to promote health literacy in children and their families.
Practical and informative actions form the core of the various activities. Thus we succeed in raising the awareness for healthier nutrition and more physical activities and the interest in becoming a “health-promoting school or kindergarten”.
Gesundekids offers the following 4 modules for kindergartens and schools:
• Drinking fountains
• Weekly fruit deliveries, apple harvesting
• Healthy smiling breakfast sandwiches
• Sport rallies, exercise equipments
Gesundekids promotes the health of mother and child in Bolpur/India in 21 villages with 320 children < 3 years by
• Growing vegetable and fruit gardens in the families
• Train families on plant nursery, composting to increase yields
• Train mothers to prepare healthy meals (NutriMix)
• Increase crop diversification
• Treat anemia amongst children < 3 years
• Guide parents on family planning/contraception